Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Inverness -> (Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle)

My constant complaint on Xanga, as some will recall, was that I had no idea how many people - if indeed any - read what I wrote. You'll note I've said nothing of the kind here.

I will, however, point out that the handy little "comment" button doesn't care if you have a Blogger account or not.

Know what's fun? Walking in the rain until your hair is so wet you have to wring it out before you go inside, and the water rolls over your scalp and down your forehead.

(With all due respect to Sam Vimes, my hair's too long for rain to trickle down the back of my neck.)



Without further ado, part one of Inverness travels.

(Did you notice I'm getting further and further behind? At this rate, it'll take me two months to detail a ten-day trip.)
So, the day we drove down to Loch Ness, it was really, really foggy, which was unfortunate. Still pretty, but it didn't make for awfully good photos. More fun was the subject of the ruins of Urquhart Castle.

Why, yes, I did go camera-happy. Why do you ask?

I love all these pictures.

I should just put a standard warning on these things now. Photo overload, hurray.
Once again, my factual knowledge of my subject matter is severely lacking. Here's what I can tell you:

Urquhart Castle is a ruin.

Urquhart Castle is on the shore of Loch Ness.

Don't you feel all warm and informed now?



Some of the angles I had a chance to attempt were really fun. There was limitless potential for good shots; the fog was a bit in the way, as much as I like fog. Castle Urquhart is pretty.
Obviously, these are all pictures of and from the castle. I found so many of them that I liked that I chose to stick them all in one post and leave the rest (actually, it's been so long since I started this post that I can't remember if I have other pictures) for another.

I think the one above is my favourite. Except for all of them.

Ladies and gentlemen, this concludes Loch Ness.
It was prettier when I saw it, so nyeh.

I still love my pictures.

Too bad I forgot my camera for every major event over the weekend.

Lectures start tomorrow.

Ted Herbert, the vice-principal of the college, died last night just before midnight after a two-month bout with cancer. The only contact I had with him was a voice clip played for the students last Thursday.

A lot of people are grieving right now; I am myself quieted, even without knowing him. But I wish I could play that voice clip for you, because it was one of the most inspiring things I have heard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where is the picture of you and your om?

Anonymous said...

that is, the picture of you and your "mom"